Friday 20 June 2014

I couldn’t smile because of my broken tooth. My smile is back after medical treatment.



Hi, my name is Christina from, USA. I am a model and work in television shows and talent shows. I had a darkened front tooth, decaying. It was worrying sign for my career. I was worried how it looked when I smiled. It could also make me lose my television shows. The tooth came out leaving me in pain. The discomfort and anxiety showed. I was asked to leave the show.

I was in pain and I couldn’t smile. The break from work wasn’t nice and I needed to get back to studio. I went to see a dentist. I was told an infection was possible and the tooth could be damaged further.
Teeth can be broken or fractured. Broken tooth is difficult to repair. When a tooth comes off, it can be painful. Care and medical attention can repair the tooth. The teeth enamel is a hard substance; it is difficult to break this surface. A tooth can break off by chewing on hard food, biting hard objects, grinding of teeth, brittle tooth and trauma. The nerve in the tooth is also a source of pain, when you consume anything hot or cold. A broken tooth can be repaired in different ways by a dentist. A minor crack or fracture may be a chip in the teeth. It may be easy to ignore. The smaller chip is easier to treat. Larger chip or sensitive teeth is difficult to repair. If a corner of teeth is broken, white filling can treat the tooth. Sometimes there is no pain in the chipped tooth also. The crack is more painful as the damage reaches the nerve. It makes the teeth sensitive.  

A chipped tooth may be caused by falling, eating hard food, suffering trauma, tooth decay. The tooth should be rinsed with warm water. Apply pressure to the area on the face where you have hurt yourself. You can place an ice pack. If you cannot see the dentist after the tooth broke off, cover the teeth with dental cement. 


If the white filling gets out, you may need porcelain veneer or crown. I found porcelain stronger, it and lasts longer, like natural teeth. The dentist needs to take care of the repaired front tooth looks like the neighbouring tooth. After treatment, the tooth should be treated with care. You should avoid hard and sticky food. The dentist prescribes painkiller like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment